Friday, 2 June 2017

ASK THE DOCTOR - Unable to sustain an Erection for Long

I am a 51-year-old married man. My erection does not sustain for long. What can I do?
- Kothari

ASK THE DOCTOR - Unable to sustain an Erection for Long

This is a form of Erectile Dysfunction (ED). There are many organic (physical) as well as psychogenic causes for this problem. It is necessary to find out the cause of this problem first, through history taking, examination and investigations. Once the cause (diagnosis) is found, treatment can be advised. Very effective drugs, Sildenafil citrate and Tadalafil, are now available in India for the complaint of inability to ‘sustain’ the erection. Remember, these drugs cannot bring about erection in a flaccid penis. They only help to ‘sustain’ the existing erection longer.

These drugs are useless in those who have difficulty in getting an erection. It helps only those who get an erection ‘on their own’ but cannot sustain it long enough to perform satisfactory sexual intercourse. You could be benefited with these drugs. However, neither can you get these drugs without a proper prescription by a qualified specialist, nor should you take it on your own. There are risks involved in taking them; and unless you are guided by a qualified expert, kindly avoid selfmedication.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts