Sunday, 5 February 2017

ASK THE DOCTOR - Unsatisfactory Sex Life

I am a 40-year-old lady having undergone a tubectomy 16 years ago. For the last 10 years, my husband is not able to satisfy me due to lack of an erection and premature ejaculation. I have noticed that my vaginal opening is slowly narrowing due to the thickening of internal muscles and I also feel tenderness in my breasts. I definitely do not look for extramarital sex, despite my sexual urge which I have to control. What could be the physiological changes in my body?
- Suneeta

Unsatisfactory sex life may not cause any physiological changes in your body. It could disturb you emotionally (psychologically) and may cause some psycho-somatic symptoms, however, it depends on the intensity of your feelings of disappointment and deprivation. The changes that you have observed need to be examined and investigated. They could be due to hormonal changes in your body irrespective of the status of your sex life. They could also be due to approaching menopause. Get yourself examined by a gynaecologist for a clinical evaluation.If your husband is suffering from erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation, I wonder why he is not getting himself treated. These are treatable conditions in a majority of cases, and he should approach a qualified sexologist for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts