Friday 10 February 2017

ASK THE DOCTOR - What is Meant by ‘Cervical Erosion’?

What is meant by ‘Cervical erosion’? Kindly give reasons and treatment for the same.
- K. Androth



Cervical erosion (also known as Cervicitis) is often caused by infection, but also sometimes by a foreign body (IUD string, Tampon etc) or chemicals. It causes heavy vaginal discharge, sometimes with foul odor. The discharge may range from yellow, gray, brown to even green, occasionally with a tinge of blood. Pain may be experienced during intercourse or when the cervix is touched with a tampon. It is advisable to ascertain the cause of the infection, which could be Bacteria (Gonorroea, Chlamydia etc), Fungus or Trichomonas Vaginalis infestation. The PAP Smear test should also be done to rule out any precancerous condition. Once the cause is identified, specific treatment can be administered. In cases where the condition persists, ‘Electro or Diathermy Cauterization’, laser or cryosurgery may be considered, which destroys the abnormal tissue on the surface and induces healing and growth of new tissue.

2 comments:

  1. I am excited to share this testimony, I was 3 years ago diagnosed of fibroid and complicated Endometriosis. My medical condition was heart broken because it was causing my menstrual cramps,bloating before menstrual periods,lower abdominal pressure which result to heavy periods. I was subjected to different medications by my doctor for treatment such as Coenzyme Q10,ibuprofen, Danazol and many more. Despite my visit to several doctors my health wasn't getting better, all they could say was surgery. At the verge of giving up, I went to the internet to search for a treatment at least. But I found a cure instead. In the internet, I read a testimony of a lady who had Fibroid. She shared an e-mail address of the Doctor. Luckily everything seemed to be okay after I took the Herbal Medicine. I wish I could say that’s the end of it because I haven't had any symptoms since then. Do not expose yourself to more danger, use a herbal remedy that is safe and effective. If interested contact him via email address drleetu99@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting rib of Herpes virus wasn't easy, I came across Dr voodoo on how he
    has cured so many people from herpes and other illness so I decided to give
    him a try, now am permanently cured using the natural herbs medication and
    cleansing supplement sent by Dr voodoo no more herpes, contact Dr voodoo
    WhatsApp number +2348140120719 also e-mail him at:
    voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete